14.9.18

road riding

Managed to get a ride in after work and before the BMOCA cocktail reception, for those of us artists donating a piece of work to their annual auction. Unfortunately we do not get a percentage of sales, which kind of irks me a bit. As an artist I do not make much money so it is nice when the organization you donate to at least gives you 20% back to cover your cost of making the work. Whatever, I suppose I donated to support the arts and get more exposure. It's all about exposing yourself. William and I decided to save fossil fuels and avoid making carbon footprints by road riding yesterday. A good 50 miles of up in the hills with a loop out on the flats. Was a bit chilly up in the canyons. While on the ride I started thinking about future art projects. I really want to do more with my inflatable pieces. One idea is to make some forms that I could then place along 36 towards Lyons. The wind get real good out there, I mean real fierce. As we road along the hwy. I notices the remnants of old plastic shopping bags blown into the fences and shrubs, just mere shreds of plastic remain blowing in the wind. Would be cool to install a bunch of inflatables with open backs along the roadside and photograph them. Okay, guess it's just another item to add on the to do list.

No comments: