13.8.08

Everyone Poops!

Back to school, back to the grind. Summer is officially over for us teachers and it has been a brutal awakening akin to the giant terd found in Switzerland.

Managed to get a nice morning mountain ride in, majority of wild flowers still in full bloom, the air crisp, and the solitary bike ride refreshing. Nice to get on the full suspension geared set up, felt so easy after riding the single speed most of the summer. Traveled along singletrack I haven't been on in years. Tried to link up a few trails but managed to get lost for a bit. Would have LOVED to get lost but I needed to get back to town for a meeting. A stellar way to start the day.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed with the new teaching position or schedule. Difficult spending the afternoon indoors sitting on uncomfortable kid sized chairs and listening to someone talk ad nauseam about data. Looking forward to next weekend and spending the big 40 with my man in CB riding all day OUTSIDE!

Exactly 2 years ago today

2 comments:

Wskee said...

That was the last time I rode the geared bike on the trails!

I can't wait until we are back there next weekend.

x

brg said...

hope you have a GREAT 40th birthday!!!

I'm 7 years into my 40s and it's been pretty awesome so far!

sounds like a great way to spend you bday too - riding yummy singletrack.